Saturday 19 August 2017

Summer Colours

Wandering through the supermarket I spotted these pretty napkins with little orange and pink flowers. I couldn't resist!


After pulling the layers of napkin apart I used pva to stick the top layer of napkin onto an A4 sheet of card. Once dry I cut the napkin card into strips ready to decorate the front of my greeting cards.


I have a pot of little flower, leaf and plant pot stamps from my early crafting days. Choosing two designs and two ink colours I stamped columns of flowers to alternate between the napkin card strips then chose a large butterfly to finish the design.


Using Bubblegum Pink and Tangerine Dream ink sprays from the Dylusion range I sprayed a piece of A4 card, left it to dry then stamped a few Mosaic butterflies on top.


The butterflies were cut out and gently shaped, they make lovely embellishments and coordinate well with the napkin and stamping.


I think this is a nice design to make into a box of gift cards for someone special or you could make a little batch incase you need a card at short notice. Add a greeting, a few pearls or glitter depending on the occasion.


The Mosaic Butterfly Stamp and Dylusion ink sprays in Tangerine Dream and Bubblegum Pink were from my favourite craft shop http://www.amom.co.uk/ A Maze of Memories in Buckinghamshire.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea with the napkins, and I love those mosaic butterflies. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete