Tuesday 27 June 2017

Father's Day

Several years ago a few crafty ladies gathered over a cuppa to share their new stamps. Each lady took their own card, ink and 2/3 of their favourite stamps and we took it in turn to swap images. One particular design caught my eye and as Dad is a keen gardener I knew it would come in handy one day. Stamping the design twice I could make a layered picture when the time came.


This month wondering what card to make for Father's Day I came across the two images and set about colouring the first piece in pencils. As I worked I decided to cut out the middle area behind the cat saving the shelf, garden tools and little radio.


I used a knife to cut part way round the butterfly wings and folded them forwards. From the second piece I coloured and cut out the watering can, potted plant, shed notice and cats head. Layering all the pieces onto a brown piece of card gave a decoupaged look (Dad's favourite.)

We often have a family joke about the number of snails on the allotment so decorating the plain card with snails seemed the only option and raised a few smiles on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment